I would love to say at this point that the build was finished. But seeing as I'm posting all this after the animating was done I can tell you that I had a few issues with my puppet.
I really underestimated how strong the ankles had to be to support the weight of the puppet. I think I rebuilt the feet and ankles at least three times during animation. I eventually purchased some larger K&S to accommodate thicker aluminium wire.
I also found him hard to animate due to the squishyness of the foam I used to pad him out. I had to strip him down a second time and add some denser foam to his torso and hips to
give me something firmer to grip when moving him.