Wednesday 28 January 2015

Sculpting Pips Legs Part 2



Here's the second part of the leg/foot sculpting process.
Below I have added some detail to one foot and have roughly shaped the other. I wanted to challenge myself so I decided to add some fine detail which led me to sculpting the toenails as well.
 





I added some texture to the legs using the grip section of my sculpting tools. I then very lightly baked the legs (Thank you Sean Gregory for that tip) to prevent the loss of the texture in the laying up stage.

 




 Nothing fancy going on here. All I've done is add the corner keys and cut the excess plasticine off.






Boxing it all up. I do not recommend using regular cardboard for this stage. Despite using plenty of Vaseline to both 'waterproof' and lubricate the box it absorbed a lot of water from the plaster and started to sag.





Here's the first half of the cast. Now to add some draining gaps for excess silicon and box it up again.







No comments:

Post a Comment