Friday, 17 October 2014

Bee Hive Build

I started by cutting twenty trapeziums from balsa wood.


Next I used superglue to stick everything together, and gave each section a coat of white paint.

After stacking the sections I noticed they were a bit wobbly so I cut some wedges to make sure everything was snug and level before gluing it all together.

 In the next photo I have added legs and the top section for the roof to sit on.

I drilled a shallow hole into each of the legs to hold tiny magnets. This should stop the beehive moving when I film.

I used textured brown card to cover some balsa wood for the roof. Before gluing the roof down I added a second coat of white paint and then gave it a used look by staining certain areas with coffee.
(Finished prop photo coming soon) 

No comments:

Post a Comment