Sunday 19 January 2014

Sasquatch Design and Colour Development

 As with Larry I started to develop the Sasquatch by drawing out several body shapes and choosing the ones that jumped out at me. I wanted the Sasquatch to be cute and cheeky looking. Traditionally cute characters are round in shape and have soft lines. This worked in my favor as it would create some contrast from Larry's square shapes.


 Here I started to look at different styles of fur and possible face shapes and characteristics.


Looking as different colour possibilities and combinations. I started with hand painted watercolour and then moved on to digital colour cutouts. I finally decided on a dark reddish/brown colour. I wanted the Sasquatch to stand out from the background but also look fairly natural.

No comments:

Post a Comment