Sunday 9 February 2014

Armature plans and Turnarounds

I'd like to apologize for this post being so late. Its been four week since we were given the brief so I figured it was time to show you guys some of my pre-production slides. From now on I'll try to post every week. I just have to get back into the habit. I have backdated some of the posts so they appear in the correct order. Keep scrolling down for more stuff.

I'll be making a 90 second short film for my final major project. It involves the two characters below. More information to come.

 
This seems like a good place to start. These are my two characters, tiny adorable Sasquatch on the left, Larry the retired hunter on the right. Before you ask, no I didn't mess up the scaling, the Sasquatch really is meant to be that small.





I'll be using a fantastic ball and socket armature (from Malvern armatures) for Larry because he's in the majority of the production I wanted a more robust armature so that I wont have to worry about broken arms or legs. The Sasquatch will be a K&S and wire build, his screen/animation time will be significantly less than Larry's so I'm less worried about breaks.




 Turnarounds above, with final colour choices.


No comments:

Post a Comment