Saturday 11 May 2013

Hands





Thanks to the 2nd year blogs, I managed to work out the process of making a two part mold to cast my latex hands.
There are a few photos missing from here because like a Muppet I forgot to charge my camera.
Amazingly they turned out pretty well on my first attempt, nothing broke or spilled or cracked.
There are a few things I will be doing differently next time though. Such as making the fingers longer to get a better range of motion and making the armature out of stronger wire so the fingers stay in place when they are moved.
In the last photo you can see the hand is a wonderful fleshy colour, unfortunately it started to turn brown/yellow as time went on. I later found out that I should have added some paint to the latex to get the colour I desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment