Saturday, 11 May 2013

The Build

Here's the completed armature for my character, put it together in the Easter holidays in preparation to begin filming when we return.

It took me a week to source and purchase all the materials and spent far too much money doing so. I really feel that the university should be providing materials for us.

Anyway my armature is made from twisted aluminium wire covered in black shrink wrap, which is glued into K&S tubing.
I made the feet, hands and head detachable using K&S.
For the torso and hips I used the inside of an electrical connection block.

I'll be making the hands next. I shall be casting them in liquid latex something I have never done before. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment